Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day...I have been pardoned

When we first got married, Jennifer told me not to buy her flowers. She said that they are a waste of money and that they just die. She would rather have breakfast in bed. She does not want me to buy her presents on Valentine's Day. She told me that she would rather have me do nice things for her. I guess she would like me to wash the dishes or take out the trash or change one dirty diaper; hopefully just peed in. Ladies, how would you like your husband to take out the trash and call it a present to you on V-Day? Do you think that I should believe her? I did. We were at Jennifer's parents house on V-Day. I got up and got myself breakfast, so that Jennifer would not have to. I put my own bowl in the sink when breakfast was finished. I took Seth at church, so that Jennifer could enjoy her class. Then when we got home from church, I controlled myself enough to let Seth take a long nap. I gave Jennifer many presents today. I hope she enjoyed them, if she recognized them as presents.

4 comments:

AmyJo said...

wait a minute isn't the garbage your job everyday?
If those things are what Jennifer wants you keep delivering.
I bet she would have loved a surprise date to Winger's!

John and Misty said...

I think she would LOVE for you to do her taxes!!

Anonymous said...

She is one lucky girl.

Unknown said...

I have Cody do those on a regular basis. I never want flowers or candy either. I always want a new sunday outfit for Valentine's Day. Best present ever!