Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Red Sheets? Not in Your Dreams!

Have you ever woken up and you were in the middle of doing something? May be a bad dream caused you to punch the air or kick your leg. I had a bad dream the other night. I dreamed that Jennifer had put red sheets on the bed and I was not happy about it. It felt horrible lying between those red sheets. I got out of bed, still asleep or mostly asleep. The first thing I remember was grabbing the blankets at the foot of the bed on my side and whipping them off the bed towards Jennifer’s side. All the blankets and the flat sheet lay on the floor in a heap. My brain was still in dream mode. I must have been thinking, “That will teach Jennifer to put red sheets on my bed.” As I climbed back in bed, I thought, “It’s kind of cold. May be I should go get another blanket from the other room.” Before I had to chance to move, I was back asleep. The next thing I remember was Jennifer pulling the blankets back up on me. My dreaming mind thought, “Not those dumb red sheets again.” I quickly came out of the dream and pulled the blankets up tight. I was back asleep in an instant.

The next morning as I got up to get ready for work, I realized what I had done during the night. I laughed to myself and wondered what Jennifer had thought when it happened. After I got out of the shower, Jennifer was up making my lunch. I asked her if the blankets had fallen off the bed during the night. She said the blankets felt like they were heavy on one side and just slipped right off the bed. She said that she must have been pulling on them. I then told her the whole story of what happened and how I had thrown the blankets on the floor. We laughed and Jennifer had a hard time breathing with the laughter caught in her throat.

I thought about it a few times during the next day and almost laughed out loud. It is still hard to believe I did it and that Jennifer thought that she really was the one to blame. Hopefully this will not be a reoccurring dream, or Jennifer might need to get her own blankets.

Have you ever done anything just as your were waking up that you laughed about later??

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay now that is funny! Poor Jennifer that she has to sleep next to that. Too bad you couldn't have video tape that.

AmyJo said...

wow that blue does run deep! I usually laugh about what the kids do in their sleep.

Carlie said...

Hey this is Carlie Thayn (remember me?) Pat was just asking me about you a few days ago and so I texted Heather to find out if you both had blogs and look here you are. Our Blog is patandcarlie.blogspot.com but it is private so shoot me an email carliegolden@gmail.com and I will add you to the list! Looks like things are going well for you Jessica Jessop Heiner told me you had two boys and they are super cute congrats! Oh also send me your address and I will send you our Christmas card.

Jenson Evolution said...

That is pretty funny! Mark talks in his sleep all the time but has never got out bed!