Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Sunday, April 21, 2013

First Fish

I went to Scofield Reservoir this last Friday with Adam Cunningham from my ward.  It was a bit chilly but we had a nice time anyway.  I have not been fishing many times, but I am looking to learn all I can.  It was a bit too cold to take my boys.  May be next time.    


Scofield has a slot limit.  You must release trout that are between 15 and 22 inches.  This little fatty is the biggest fish that I have ever caught.  It was 18 inches and 2 1/2 pounds.  I wanted to cry when Adam said I had to throw it back.  We caught a few fish, most were not big enough or small enough to keep.  Just before dark I caught one.  As I pulled it up on shore I said, "Is it small enough to keep?"  How often does someone get excited about a small enough fish.  I was.  I ended up coming home with two fish that were each 14 1/2 inches long.  

It should be the first of many successful fishing trips.

No comments: