Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Brick Mailbox

My mother asked me to build a brick mailbox for her a few years ago.  I laid a cement slab and did not get any further.  


My parents were out of town this last weekend, so I went to work getting their brick mailbox build.  It also was my mother's birthday.


We made the core out of cinder blocks.  Then we put brick on the outside.  We used a level on every brick.


It took me much longer than it should have.  This was my first attempt at laying brick.  I watched a few videos on YouTube and then went at it.  



The boys and Jennifer were with me the whole time handing me bricks and bringing me water.  Here you can see my neon orange level on top of the cinder blocks.  That is not a good place to put it.  I accidentally knocked in down inside once.  It fell all the way to the ground.  Luckily we have a long grabber tool in the van that Jennifer uses to hand things back to the boys.  We used that to fish it out.


I made sure to leave my mark.


We put a bow it.  After all it was a present.


Keenan did laps with the walker as we worked.  

2 comments:

Shawna, Bryan, and Dylan Beall said...

You are very handy and thoughtful! I have to admit I hadn't been on blogger for awhile and I recently caught up on your cute little family. Your boys are lucky to have a mom and dad that are resourceful and are teaching them by example and having fun in the process!

Jenson Evolution said...

It looks good Thomas, good thing there is youtube!!