Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Lamb Chops



A man in our ward works for the DWR and they tried to relocate about 11 big horn sheep. They moved them but then they returned. They did not want them to mix with the other sheep in the area so they went out and shot them. They are not able to keep the meat themselves so he donated one to us.   



It was brought to us gutted and Thomas took care of the rest. It was a great experience for Thomas and Dad. they skinned it then cut it up and I wrapped it to put in the freezer. 


I was also able to bottle some, which was super fun. I have seen others bottle their meat but I have not done it myself. I was a little worried about what it would taste like or if it would even be any good. We had it last night in some stir fry and it was wonderful. We also had a roast on Sunday. It was wonderful and had very little fat.   

No comments: