Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Monday, January 12, 2009

Good Thing They Chose Someone Else

I applied for a job a while back and was turned down. I applied for this internship at a company called Lozier, back in August of 2007. They manufacture all the shelving that you see in Walmart, Costco, and Walgreens. During the interview process everything looked great. The guy that I was going to be replacing was going to be staying for a few months to train the new guy and he was helping chose the new intern. He told me that he was voting for me and so were three others out of four. Later I found out that they chose some lady that had been working there for a year or so in the purchasing department. The fourth guy, the Treasurer, made the decision. That guy didn't interview me or even meet me. I don't know why they were interviewing, if they already had a replacement in mind. I just kept working at Jiffy Lube. It turned out to be a good thing. I was able to flush John's transmission in his Odyssey. That made working at Jiffy Lube worth it just to help John out. The next August, 2008, the lady that they hired for the intern position one year earlier, had a baby and quit. I was told by her husband what was going on and I went down to talk to the Controller that same day. He was very very happy to see me and said that he had been thinking about me and wondering how he could get a hold of me. I went through the interview process again and even met the Treasurer. It went well again and they talk with me as if I had already gotten the job. I was pretty excited. I was then informed that due to schedule conflicts, they had chosen someone else to fill the position. I was taking classes in the morning and I was free in the afternoon. They needed someone that would be available in the mornings. Jennifer was pretty ticked off and wanted to horse whip somebody. Luckily, it wasn't me. I just kept working at Jiffy Lube and being promoted there and becoming more certified and receiving raises. I found out the other day that Lozier is closing down the factory that they have here in Cedar. I was very glad that I did not get that job. With the economy like it is, it is a blessing to just have a job. I would hate to unemployed, like Mark; mooching off his wife. You never know how the Lord is looking out for you. Sometimes you think everything is going bad and you will never get ahead, but then you realize He was preparing the way for you all along. Jiffy Lube has been good to me. Remember to get your oil changed.

5 comments:

AmyJo said...

I heard that they were closing too. I didn't remember that that's where you had been trying to get a job.
We are thankful to have a job too.
Tell Jennifer she can put the whip away for another time.
I for one will say I have been glad you worked at Jiffy.
Keep up the good work!

John and Misty said...

Thanks Thomas!! You are the greatest!!

Unknown said...

Yeah Cody and myself feel the same way. We always talk about how we are glad we don't have big important jobs. Count your blessings.
Your lucky Mark's won't see this because he would be royally ticked if he knew. :o)

AmyJo said...

unless of course someone were to tell him about it...

Anonymous said...

It is a blessing to be able to recognize the blessings that are given to us. We all have blessings in our lives that seem insignificant at the time. There is much we can all be grateful for. Mark and Linda are being blessed also. Mom