Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Helping Skip Move

Amy Jo and Skip moved. I did not help much. I just wiped down some blinds, vacuumed some floors and helped moved the heavy stuff. I knew the couches and beds would be no big deal to carry, but the piano had me a little worried. Skip rigged up a little piano dolly. It worked great. We rolled it out of their old apartment and up into the back of the trailer with no problem. When we got to the new place, there was about five feet of gravel between the trailer ramp and the front walk. We did not have much wood, so Skip used what he had. We put down some sheetrock to roll over. As we came down the ramp and on to the sheetrock, the cart's wheels sunk into the sheet rock with a loud crunch. We decided to carry the piano the five feet to the cement and then get the cart back underneath it. As we picked up the piano and started to walk, my feet sunk into the sheet rock with every step. Now I know how a 300 lb babushka feels.

No comments: