Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Newspapers look like Christmas to me

I sometimes feel that I cannot post, unless I have a picture to help tell the story. Many times I get on to see others' blogs and then I come up with an idea for a post, but I am not at home where I am able to take a picture. On my last post, Amy Jo commented that she would have liked to see a picture. Pictures involve planning. Sometimes that works; most of the time it does not.

I am against the idea of buying wrapping paper. I prefer to use newspaper. I get it for free from the college. I do not want to waste money buying paper that will go immediately in the trash after the present is opened. Jennifer does not agree. She tells me that newspaper was okay in the past, but little kids will know that Santa does not wrap with newspaper. Now I have to buy paper to wrap Seth's presents with. I see the logic, but I still feel that this is a waste of money. We also bought a present for Jennifer's little brother, Zack. His present cannot be wrapped in newspaper either. I am not sure if he still believes in Santa or if Jennifer does not want him to know exactly who gave him the gift (newspaper would be a sure sign that it came from us). Just know that if I give you a gift that has been wrapped in newspaper, this is a sign that I spent the money saved on paper in upgrading the gift to the better version. If you can look past the ugly outside wrapper you will enjoy the gift a little bit more.

If I was to take a picture to put with this post, then it would have been of a few presents wrapped in newspaper. If you are one of those that needs to see a picture with every post, then wrap up some old box in newspaper and take a few minutes to admire it. If you must see a picture, look at my profile picture. I really like it. Seth is looking right at the camera and smiling so cute.

3 comments:

AmyJo said...

okay, I get the picture. If you are going to spend more money on upgrading a present for me I will take it wrapped in newspaper. Good point. It is better to blog without a picture than to not blog at all.

Thomas, it is okay to splurge on somethings even if it is "stupid" wrapping paper. It is all for the kids. Tell Seth I have a present for him for Christmas.

AmyJo said...

went back and looked at your profile picture. What do you know Seth is just too cool. He is still a little punk.

John and Misty said...

I would just be happy to get a present. I don't care if you wrap it in toilet paper. (just make sure you use the tp after Christmas!! :P

Thomas, remember when you couldn't find your slipper on Christmas Eve only to find it wrapped in one of your presents on Christmas? Rich real Rich. Misty got you good.