Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A New Job

We have been in Cedar City for almost 4 years and the time has just flown by. We have enjoyed Cedar. Our only complaint is that it is far from family. 3 1/2 hours from my parents and 4 hours from Jennifer's parents. I know it could have been worse, but it was far enough. I have been working at Jiffy Lube all this time and mostly enjoying myself. My boss, Tyson Redd, was very good to work with my school schedule. Most of the time I was able to go to school full time and still work 40 hours. It put me out of the house from 8 am to 6 pm Monday through Saturday.
A few days ago, Erica called me on the phone and said that she knew of an accounting job in Price. She worked in a carpet store in Logan a few years ago and the guy, Jason Ward, also had a store in Price and needed a new accountant there. I told Jennifer that there was a possible job in Price and she was very excited. She could not stop smiling the rest of the night. Erica gave me Jason's number and I called him. It took me about three days to get a hold of him. I spoke with him on the phone for a total of 6 minutes and he decided to hire me. Sometimes (most of the time) its not only what you know, but who you know that gets you a job.
I put in my two weeks notice at Jiffy Lube and I start work in Price at Wholesale Flooring Source on the 21st of February 2011.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH How exciting! Congrats on the new job! Yay, you will be closer!! :)

AmyJo said...

I think this is pretty awesome too! a person's reputation goes a long way. Congratulations on your new job and move. I bet it is nice to move some where that you are familiar with.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out. Glad everything worked out. We are just as excited for you guys to move to Price. Now when we come to visit you will be there also. Good luck with all the packing.

Carlie said...

That is so exciting for you both! Now we will get to stop and visit you when we are down there.

Joe'n'Jess said...

congrats on the new job. I would love the chance to move closer to family. even 4 hours would be close enough for me. these twenty hours drives from iowa are just too dang long