Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cars 2

The movie Cars 2 came to theaters last Friday, the 24th. Seth loves the original movie, so we decided to take him. I had heard on the radio that they were giving away free tickets to a special showing at 10 am on the release day. They were giving tickets to people that called in and people that showed up at their live events. On the 23rd I heard on the radio that they had extra tickets. They had not been able to give away all the tickets. Some people that won had not come by the radio station to claim theirs. The radio said to show up at 9 am and they would start handing out tickets. We got their at 8:30 am and there was already a line. They told us that they were not just going to give the tickets away, but that we would have to earn them. Since Lightning McQueen is a race car, they would have the kids race for tickets. Seth took dead last. He was the youngest in the group. They gave him tickets anyway. We got our tickets and got in line to go inside. The radio station then came by handing out raffle tickets for more prizes. One lady saw my shirt and said, "Oh, we're not letting BYU fans in." I said, "You have to. It's Cars 2." They let me in. We sat in the middle, on the 5th row from the front.

Before the movie started, they drew tickets and handed out prizes. Some kid up in the balcony had his number picked. The same lady that gave me a hard time for being a BYU fan said, "If that's that BYU fan, he's not getting this prize." I stood up and said, "No, I'm right here." They laughed and continued. Then came the final prize. It was a $100 prepaid Visa card. My number was drawn. The look on that lady's face when she saw that I had won was great. She said, "No way. Let me see that ticket. Is this a fake?" I just laughed and gladly accepted the $100.

We enjoyed the movie and had a great time. The tickets were worth the cost. Seth had too much root beer and had to go to the bathroom 3 times.

2 comments:

Adam and Dinae Pitcher said...

How fun! That's awesome you won the $100.

Jenson Evolution said...

So your saying that the movie is worth seeing? :) Im glad you won that gift card, just don't spend it all at the BYU bookstore!! :)