Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Monday, July 25, 2011

Seth's B-Day


Seth has been telling us for months that his birthday was coming up. Seth turned 3 years old on July 22. The night before he was having trouble going to sleep with all the excitement. Grandma Jenson was helping lie down when he said, "I go to sleep, I see the moon, I wake up and I see the sun." Then he rolled over and went to sleep.

He wanted a green bike helmet, so we spray painted an old one of Grandma's. He also got a Lightning McQueen video game.

Carter wanted to be just like Seth, so he found a helmet and got it on his head too. Carter does everything that Seth does; good or bad.

Seth also got a road rug to drive his cars on.

Seth wanted green candles on his cake, but we did not have any. He settled for blue ones instead. Seth was very excited helping his mom make a cake. I asked him what he wanted for his birthday dinner and he said, "Chocolate cake." We ended up having hot dogs, potato salad and root beer. As I filled up his glass I said, "Here you go, Birthday Boy." He replied, "Thanks, Birthday Dad."

When it was time to eat cake and ice cream, Seth went around getting all of us to sit at the table. He kept saying, "Time for cake." I told him to wait a second for Grandpa, who had stepped into the other room. Seth grabbed him by the hand and said, "Come on, I'm having a birthday."

I asked Seth, "What kind of cake do you want, Chocolate?" He said, "No, brown." After the candles and the singing, Seth wanted a piece of cake and an ice cream cone.

Carter enjoyed the cake the most of all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is sure growing up fast, I cant believe you have a 3 yr old..Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!! :)

Jenson Evolution said...

Happy Birthday Seth!! What a fun time when they start enjoying their birthdays as much as the do!!!

Kelly Thomas said...

"Thank you Birthday dad!" Haha! Seth is the cutest! ...we really miss you guys!