Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Friday, August 10, 2012

New Bunk Bed Set

  I decided that I wanted to make a new set of bunk beds for the boys new room.  My parents have some nice bunk beds that are very simple, so I copied that design exactly.  


I used two 2X4s in the shape of an L for each post and 2X3s for the rungs.  I ran all the boards across a router with a rounding bit to clean up all the edges and reduce slivers.  Ear protection and eye protection are key to this step.


After the first end was all put together, the boys just had to climb on it.  Isn't it cute how Seth is helping Carter.  They both love my ear protection muffs.  


First coat of stain.  What a difference a little stain makes.  The color I chose was "Gun Stock."


As soon as the beds were up, they both shot right for the top bunk.  No one wanted to test out the bottom bunk.  


It will be a struggle to get Carter to sleep on the bottom.


They both spend their first night downstairs last night.  Seth loves his new bed and room.  He kept telling me that we need to move all his toys down there too.

1 comment:

Jenson Evolution said...

They look like best friends! I'm so glad they get to share a room and play together! Those beds were perfect! Glad you made it just in time for Keenan to come!