Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving at the Temple

Jennifer's family has started a tradition the day after Thanksgiving. Last year we went to the Ogden Temple, went through a session and ate lunch in the cafeteria. I had a chimichanga which was delicious. This year we went later in the evening because other suckers had to work on Friday. It was too late for us to enjoy the food in the cafeteria, but we got some ice cream. We went to Farr's Ice cream Parlor and pigged out. I had a rocky road sugar cone, which was delicious. The place was packed. It is in an older building and the sitting area has a maximum capacity of 6 people or so (maybe 20). They really need to look into expanding. The ice cream was good, but it was no temple cafeteria chimichanga.

2 comments:

AmyJo said...

I love chimichangas...especially the smoothered ones at Bajio's.
I am sure the one you ate was definitely blessed. The only cafeteria I have eaten at is the Manti. I loved it everytime!
I am glad you enjoyed yourself so much.

Unknown said...

That sounds like loads of fun. I'm sure Seth had a good break from his parents and enjoyed himself as well. :o)