Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

On Our Way Home

On our way home from Price we stopped in Huntington to help Grandpa remove some more dirt from his rental house.
. Along with dirt there were also heating pipes. These needed to be smashed so that they would fit nicely in the back of Grandpa’s truck. Seth took the hammer and went to work. He was a great help.

As we were driving I-70 Thomas said “Oh Wow, I barely missed that bird.” He was thinking that it was going to hit right into the windshield. We then stopped in Richfield to drop so things off at AmyJo’s and had a wonderful dinner. Skip and AmyJo really know how to treat you right. I cannot wait until the reunion.


As we were leaving AmyJo walked out with us to our car and she noticed that there was a big feather in the grill of our car. I tried to remove it and realized that it was more than a feather. It was the whole bird that Thomas thought that we had just barely missed. It did not come out easily and was pretty gorse.
I went back inside and watched my hand and then sanitized them. I don’t think that I will do something like that again.

2 comments:

AmyJo said...

can you imagine the surprise of the bird getting sucked into your grill! Glad you could stop by we miss living close to you guys!

Unknown said...

Poor bird. We almost hit a ton driving back from Oak City too.