Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Defrosting the Freezer

 Last night I thought that it would be fun to defrost Grandma Jenson's chest freezer. It sounded even more fun since they had just left for Disneyland. The first thing I did was pull everything out and put it in coolers. I thought that it would all fit in 2 or 3 coolers. The freezer holds a lot more then I thought. It took 5 coolers, 2 baskets and a box. What had I gotten myself into? I started removing the ice with two screw drivers.  Thomas got me some special tools to make things easier. He got in his dad's carpet tools and brought me a hammer and his stair tool.  The stair tool is shaped like a chisel that is about 4 inches wide.  It worked great.  After I got most of the ice cleared away,  I found some pretty interesting things. There was a pot roast and some sausage from 1999. I also found a chunk of our wedding cake. Thomas was so excited. I was just going to throw it away but he wanted me to thaw it out so that we could sample it and remember our wedding day.  
After 24 hour in the fridge I pulled it out and Thomas was all over it. One side was rock hard and the other side was soggy. It tasted just as he remembered.

I did not sample it.

No comments: