Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Toy Boxes

Grandma Jenson wanted to buy two new toy boxes from K Mart. They were on sale and seemed to be a good price. Grandpa said he did not want them. He thought that they were cheap and would easily brake. Most furniture is made out of plywood and little kids will cause it to fall apart, in his opinion. I decided to make some for her out of real wood.

I did not get pictures of the whole process, but Carter says they are very nice.

I used a pocket hole jig to connect all the boards together. I used Grandpa Jenson's large clamps to hold everything tight while I screwed it together.


Things did not line up perfectly, so I did a little sanding. Grandpa's belt sander worked great.

Jennifer was helping me hold the box on its end and she kind of got injured. I don't know if she got in the way of the sander or if the sander went after her. She lost a little skin. She said it felt like a sun burn.

Grandma chose a dark stain to match her entertainment center downstairs.


She wanted them downstairs by the TV, so they would double as a bench for extra seating. I've wanted to make something like this for a while. These are my first attempt at making furniture. It was fun and a learning experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those look very nice, nice work!