Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Friday, April 22, 2011

I thought that these days were over?

  

It has been awhile since I have had to hang laundry to dry. It has been so nice having a washer and dryer but I guess when the dryer stops working it is back to my old ways. It is a good thing we had rope and practice at making cloths lines.


Thanks to YouTube, Thomas and I were able to take the dryer apart, which was quite a task. We found that the heating coil broke and would need to be replaces. An easy fix since we already have the dryer all apart. The only problem is no one in town has the part. Thomas bought one from Amazon.com, so it will take a few days. Until then only the most important laundry will be done.

Here is the reason for all our trouble.  A new heater element on the internet would have been $64.  Sears was selling one for $125.  Thomas bought a new coil for $9.99. What a deal.

1 comment:

John and Misty said...

Good for you Thomas. I don't think I would have dared to take apart Dad's dryer. What did people do before the internet? Is that when they used clothes lines?