Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Friday, August 26, 2011

Cabinet Doors

In remodeling the kitchen, we tore down some cabinets that hung in the middle of the kitchen ceiling. We saved all the wood, just in case we would be able to use it somewhere else. That way it would match the existing cabinets.

We had 8 doors just like this one. I bought a 6 foot tall cabinet at DI. I figured that I would take the old doors and make them fit that new cabinet. My goal was to make the new cabinet match the old ones.

It was a fun project. All done with a circular saw, two clamps, a straight edge and a drill. I messed up a few times, but learned a lot too. I kind of wish I could start over, but oh well. I learned a few secrets for making cabinets doors. The boys enjoyed blowing the saw dust around. Jennifer is pleased with the extra storage.

2 comments:

Jenson Evolution said...

Yeah for extra storage!

John and Misty said...

You can never have enough storage. It looks good!!