Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Sunday, January 15, 2012

40 Degree Shower

Have you ever noticed that the on/off switch for your furnace is about a foot off the ground? Well, Carter noticed this too. He loves switches.

On Friday night, we were working in the basement. Carter and Seth were playing and not getting into too much trouble. I saw Carter turn off the furnace and immediately turned it back on. I got down on his level and firmly explained to him that he must not touch that switch.
Guess what, he did it again. This time without me noticing.

The next day, we got up at 6 am to get ready to go to the temple. It felt really cold, but I did not make the connection. You know how when you get out of bed, the bed was nice and warm. It always feels chiller out of bed than it did in it. We got all ready and headed to Provo. When we got home at 3 pm it still felt really cold in the house. When we checked the thermostat, it was set at 60 degrees, but the temperature reading said 48 degrees. Carter had turned off the furnace the night before. At 3 pm it was 48 degrees. It must have been in the low 40's at 6 am. I thought that shower was kind of cold.

Why don't they put those switches higher on the furnace? Like 4 feet high? Is it in the electrical code that those switches must be 10 inches off the ground? I am going to look into moving mine higher. I don't care what the code says. If there is nowhere to mount it higher, I plan to put some sort of cover over it. Carter will not be the last one of my little kids that finds that switch.