Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Electrical

All the electrical wiring in our house is outdated. It had no ground wire. We had the main service updated from 60 amps to 200 amps. 60 amps is pretty low, only giving us 12 breakers. 200 amps is normal and gives us 30 breakers. This allows us to put each room on its own breaker. Now I am running new wire through the whole house.

First, we decided to do the upstairs bathroom. The light switch was out in the hall, so we moved it to the inside of the bathroom. There was no outlet in the bathroom, so we install one of those too. Here I am cutting a whole in the sheet rock for the new switch.

Here is Jennifer hooking up the new wire to the fishing cable, so that she can push and I can pull the wire downstairs and then up the light.

Here she is sending down the fishing cable to pull up the wire for the light.

The wall had a brace in the middle. I was not able to get the wire passed the brace all the way from the basement up to the light. I ended up cutting a hole in the wall, drilling a hole in the brace and feeding the wires through. Then I put the sheet rock piece back in the hole, screwing it to the brace and with a bit of mud and paint, returned it to its former condition. It's behind the stove, so it is barely seen anyway.

Jennifer is happy now that she can do her in the bathroom with the new outlet.

2 comments:

Carlie said...

Wow that is a lot of work... You guys must be very handy... I don't think I could do that or half the stuff you guys do! I'm impressed!

Jenson Evolution said...

That will be so nice when it's done!!!