Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

CARTER...Where Are My Tools?

Lately Jennifer and I are always working on some project around the house. The boys are right there with us doing their best to help. Carter is the most interested. I must remember to put my tools up when I am not using them. Carter likes to carry them off and set them down in random places. I sometimes waste 10 minutes searching for a tool. Last night I was cutting holes in the wall for some new outlets in the front room. I was using a small level to line up the box and scribe a line on the wall to cut the opening for my box. I cut the first one and then went downstairs to drill a hole in the bottom of the wall for the wire to run through. After I came back up, I could not find my level. I searched all around. I immediately blamed Carter. He had no clue what I wanted. After wasting time looking in vain, I just went on eye balling the level of the next one. I then saw Carter take my pencil and put it in the previous outlet hole in the wall. I stuck my hand in and found my level and another pencil that I had been missing.

I got all the holes cut for 5 new outlets in the front room. Tonight I will run the wires and hook up the outlets. Jennifer did not want Carter dumping random items in the wall, so I put blue electrical boxes in all the holes. I screwed them to the studs, so they can be removed later to allow for fishing of wires.

Always put your tools up where little kids cannot reach them. Dad has told me many times that he had to do the same thing when I was little.

1 comment:

Jenson Evolution said...

Good thing you looked in the hole!! Jackson puts stuff in the garbage that is not supposed to be in there!!