Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Upright Freezer

Jennifer always finds good deals on bulk frozen goods. The deals are too good to pass up. She will buy more than she should but somehow make all the food fit into our little freezer above the fridge. The problem is when I open the freezer a random piece of frozen meat will come flying out; sometimes landing on my foot. Also, in order to reach the items in the back, large items had to be taken out. Then the whole process of repacking starts over again. We have been looking for an upright freezer for a little while; mostly just on KSL.com. We have seen some good ones in Salt Lake for $300 or so. Most at that price are 14 cubic feet. The other day I was driving to work and went passed a house with a freezer in the front yard for sale. Jennifer was out shopping, so I had her go check it out and get the phone number. She thought it was a good one and in good shape. I called and they had just put it out that same morning. I bought it for $100.



Dad helped me get it into the basement and up on some wooden blocks. We measured it and it was a little bigger than we thought. It is 20.6 cubic feet. It is also not too old. The plaque on the inside shows that it was made 8/06.


We have been told by my parents to get a chest freezer, but uprights seem easier to organize. My opinion is that the stuff on the bottom of a chest freezer never makes it out again. I do not want to have to dig to find my frozen goods. Uprights have shelves and make for easy access to everything.



We plugged it in and tested it the first night. It turned this water into ice, so it was good to go. Jennifer did not want to put food in there and then find out it did not work and have a broken freezer and spoiled food too.


Jennifer moved many things into the new freezer. She has not filled it up yet, but I'm sure soon I'll have random pieces of meat falling on my feet when I open the door.

2 comments:

Adam and Dinae Pitcher said...

Awesome Deal! Thanks what you find when you're patient.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome.