Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ice Cream Maker


Yesterday Price city did a city wide clean up. Each of the wards in our stake were assigned to clean the gutters and sidewalks  in our ward boundaries. Thomas and I cleaned along 8th north. Clara was driving past on her way home from helping Ray with setting up chairs for the stake baptisms. She helped us for about a block then went to look for her ward to join in their clean up. 
While she was with us a member of our bishopric came by passing out raffle tickets for prices at the city BBQ after the clean up. He gave us each a ticket and one for Clara. 
It took us about 2 hours to finish our assigned streets. Then we headed to the BBQ.   There were a few small prizes, but the biggest prize was a home made ice cream maker.  There were actually three of them.  Thomas commented to me, "I better win one of those. I've got my name in 5 times, right?"  I put his phone number on all the tickets, but I did not put his name on all the tickets because if they drew his name more then once they would not let him win twice. I put Seth, Carter, Clara and my self on the other tickets so that we could possible all win. 
After the BBQ we picked up Clara and went and bought vegetable plants for our gardens. On the way back to    Clara's house, Thomas' phone rang.  They said Clara Jenson had won an ice cream maker and that they would be bring it to her. We had not told her that we put her name in the drawing. She was so tickled, "I have never won anything!" Thomas said "That should have been my name".
Clara and I hurried to the store to get the things needed for a batch of Homemade Ice Cream. 
A few hours later we went back to our house to work on our back fence and when we walked into the car port there was another ice cream maker. It had my name on it.  Thomas again said "That should have been my name".  
We whipped up a batch with Clara's and it was delicious.  We will absolutely have to have home made ice cream at the Jenson family reunion.  
It was a very rewarding day of service.

3 comments:

Jenson Evolution said...

Love home-made ice cream! Congrats to both of you for winning!!!! Sorry you dont win stuff Thomas, maybe we should have a raffle at the reunion so you can try to win again!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love homemade ice cream, its the best!

Unknown said...

Lucky! Those things are expensive and awesome! Enjoy!