Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Meet our Elephant

  
Carter woke up Sunday morning with a barking kind of cough. After about an hour it was gone so I did not think to much about it. The next day he had a slight fever and the cough was back. I treated the symptoms and he was happy. Then that night he was coughing again and Grandpa Jenson was worried that it might turn into pneumonia, so we rubbed him down with Vicks and bought a humidifier. 
He kept sounding worse. Wednesday morning I got him a doctors appointment. His lungs did not sound good and he still had a fever. They gave us an antibiotic and breathing treatments with a nebulizer. They also sent us to the hospital to have a chest x-ray to check for pneumonia.
A few hours later that doctor called to confirm that he does have pneumonia.  
  

When we got home I did not know how to put the nebulizer together so I called a lady in my ward  who has to do them with her children who had bad allergies. She is an expert. She knows all the tricks to making the experience more enjoyable. She brought us an elephant mask. Carter does not like to wear it during the breathing treatment but love being an elephant other wise. 
He is doing much better but still has to do breath treatment two or three times a day for two weeks. Usually during the night after laying down for awhile. Which is great for me because he does not put up much of a fight and falls back  asleep during the treatment which helps it go faster. 
Seth also loves to be part of the action. He is a good helper.

2 comments:

Jenson Evolution said...

Poor Carter. We hope he is feeling better, and we hope Jennifer survives.

Aimee Lauritsen said...

Sorry to hear that Carter has been so sick. Toby pretty much grew up with a nebulizer, as did I. If you ever need any help, just give me a call and I'll be there in a flash! Hope Carter is feeling better and has a speedy recovery!