Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Kids Kite Day


Today we went to Kids Kite Day. It was up at the model plane airport, near the fairgrounds in Price. It was hosted by the local radio station, KUSA, and Carbon County Recreation. They gave out free kites to the first 250 kids. They also gave out free hot dogs and root beer. It started at 11 am. We got there at about 11:15. As we rolled up there were already nearly 150 kites in the air, but it looked like more. We feared that Seth would not get a free kite. We did get one and it was a good one.


Seth enjoyed seeing all the kites and flying his own. He got bored after a while and pushed Carter around in the stroller. I took over and had a great time showing off for Jennifer.

It is hard to see all the kites in the air. If you count all the people on the ground, there was a kite in the air for each one of them.

The wind was just right. We had a great time.


I wanted to see how high the kite could go. I let it out all the way. The knot a the end of the string did not look like an eagle scout had tied it. I thought about retying it. A little boy next to me asked me for my help with his kite. I was holding my kite in my teeth and fixing that little boy's kite, when suddenly my kite was gone. It blew into a field next to the runway. I got the little boy's kite back into the air and then went to retrieve my kite. I got it back and found another one that got lost as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks like lots of fun....and not too bad of weather. Jennifer you look very cute in your picture, I like your hair!