Go Cougs

Go Cougs

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Two Broken Keys...No Lesson Learned

Back in the summer of 2007, I broke the key off in the ignition of my truck. I don't know how it happened. I tried to pull the broken piece out with some tweezers. That was a bad idea. I ended up pushing the broken piece further into the ignition. I then used two very small flathead screwdrivers. With one on each side of the broken piece, pinching it and pulling out. The broken piece was very wedged deep in the ignition. The screwdrivers just kept slipping and I was not having any luck. Jennifer told me to call a locksmith that lived in our ward. After three hours I finally got it out. Since then I have tried to be more careful when starting my truck.
A few weeks ago when we were moving our things to Price, I broke a second key off in my truck's ignition. I tried to start my truck, turning the key forward, heard a snap and my set of keys fell to he ground. This time I skipped the tweezers and went straight to the screwdrivers. I pull the broken piece out of the ignition on the first try.
I don't exactly know why this keeps happening, but at least I know that I can fix it myself. I guess if this keeps happening once every four years, I can deal with that.

No comments: